WINE & CHEESE LUNCH
You like wine? You like cheese? So do we. So we went out to the vineyards and selected great French wines for you. We also ran around Paris to find an outstanding cheese maker. We did all of this with one thing in mind: offering you a fantastic wine and cheese tasting experience.
What is included
- Privatisation of our wine cellars for the group
- 1 selection of artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and bread baskets (same bakery as the president of France)
- The list of the wines we’ll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Riedel Glassware
- 5 good French wines (including 1 Champagne)
What will you taste
What will you learn
- Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly – techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label
- The main wine regions of France – the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Food and wine pairings: helpful tips and recommendations
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
The tasting starts at noon in our 17th century wine cellar right near the Louvre. We’ll taste six different wines, coming from 6 different regions of France. From Champagne to Bordeaux, from Sancerre to the Rhone… just sit back and enjoy this tasty Tour de France of wine – O Chateau style!
Most of the presentation will be focused on wine. Yet, our sommelier will suggest pairings, will explain to you why this cheese might work better with that wine. While you indulge in two of France’s best delicacies, you will learn about French wine, how to read a french label, how to pair it with food; you’ll be taken through a tour of France’s main wine regions…
A day spent walking around Paris can certainly create an appetite, so servings of wine and cheese are generous. Plus we add some charcuterie (smoked ham from the South West of France, saucisson from Corsica…) to bring even more joy and color to the table.
Santé et Bon appétit!
Between Montmartre and rue Montergueil, the wine bar is at the crossroads of a dynamic and lively district.