Wine & Cheese Lunch
- English-speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Privatization of our wine cellar for the group
- A selection of artisanal cheeses from La Fromagerie du Louvre
- French ‘traditional’ Baguette
- A list of the wines you’ll taste
- Five French wines (including one Champagne)
What You Will Taste
- 1 Champagne 4 Wines
- Selection of artisanal cheeses from La Fromagerie du Louvre
- Add a charcuterie platter to your tasting
What you will learn
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it so special
- Wine tasting technique: how to taste a wine – the procedure and vocabulary
- How to read and understand a French wine label
- The main wine regions of France – the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Food and wine pairings: helpful tips and recommendations
- Answers to any questions you may have
Time & Place
- Ô Chateau - 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau - 75001 Paris
- Starting time : 12.15pm arrival 15 to 10 minutes before starting time
Do you like wine? Do you like cheese? So do we. Ô Chateau has taken the time to put together the most fantastic wine and cheese tasting experience. Choosing wines from different regions around France, talking to the Wineries to select the most pertinent wines to go with some very amazing cheeses.
Ô Chateau’s Wine and Cheese Lunch has become a landmark for any food and wine lover. This experience has been designed as a fun, yet informative way to have lunch in Paris. Instead of going to yet another restaurant, our Wine and Cheese lunch is a great opportunity not only to eat lunch in a unique location but to taste great French products whilst learning about them at the same time!
You will taste five different wines, coming from 4 different regions of France. From Champagne to Bordeaux, from the Loire to Beaujolais… all that is required from you is to just sit back and enjoy – Ô Chateau style!
Most of the presentation will be focused on wine but our sommelier will also suggest pairings and will explain to you why a certain cheese might work better with a particular wine. While you indulge in two of France’s best delicacies, you will take a tour of France’s main wine regions, learn how Champagne is made, how to read a French wine label, how to pair the wines with food; and have any questions you have answered.
A day spent walking the streets of Paris can create an appetite, so our servings of wine and cheese are more than generous! If you fall in love with any of the wines in the tasting, all the wines are available to purchase (plus many more too!) just ask your sommelier.
Santé et bon appétit!